- Full-time term until December 31, 2025 at Surry Hills Campus, Central Clinical School
- Leadership opportunity to participate in clinical research projects and coordinate multicenter clinical trials
- Base salary between $129,847 and $137,008 (depending on experience) + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
The Faculty of Medicine and Health is home to the largest and most comprehensive assembly of health research and medical education in the Asia-Pacific region. It conducts cutting-edge education and research across the full spectrum of health and medical knowledge, from medical sciences to clinical medicine, public health, and medical education.
The specialty of Addiction Medicine is represented by teaching and research staff on campus and in each of the University of Sydney’s clinical schools and research institutes.
We are looking for a Clinical Trial Manager to join a team of researchers led by the Chief Investigator (Professor Nicholas Lintzeris, CIA) to be the Trial Coordinator for an NHMRC-funded Randomized Controlled Trial of Cannabidiol (CBD) for the treatment of cannabis use disorder. The study will be undertaken at several sites in New South Wales and Victoria.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- plan, lead, or coordinate multicenter clinical trials while providing high-level clinical trial knowledge and expertise to the Principal Investigator, Investigators, Senior Research Academics, and research team to meet clinical trial requirements for the project
- plan and manage all aspects of a clinical trial, including working on pre-trial procedures, setting up and organizing clinical trial sites, archiving documents and correspondence, selecting sub-investigators, coordinating requests from ethics committee and regulatory authorities, overseeing trial supplies and arranging content for investigative meetings
- develop operational plans, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), that impact the immediate outcomes of the clinical trial for which you are responsible
- resolve complex issues related to the clinical trial you are managing and will generally draw on your extensive clinical trial experience to provide sound advice and recommendations, exercise independent judgment and apply extensive professional know-how to achieve their objectives of work.
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and/or extensive relevant work experience in clinical research, preferably in health sciences, project management and management of complex projects.
- minimum of 2 years as a clinical trial coordinator, clinical trial associate or start-up manager.
- demonstrated a solid understanding and/or certification of good clinical practice guidelines
- demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team to achieve service goals and improve patient care and outcomes
- demonstrated high-level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style according to target audience, including preparation of high quality written and oral reports and experience documenting in records systems patient-based electronics and other computer applications
- current driver’s license (NSW eligibility) and willingness to travel for business purposes
- demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clinical trial stakeholders
- demonstrated leadership ability to train team members on clinical trial protocol, evaluate performance, and lead resolution of issues that may arise
- demonstrated experience with the financial aspects of clinical trials and an understanding of how to manage a research budget
- manages data entry and provides expert advice in the review of source data for clinical trials
- manages the implementation, ongoing assessment, prioritization, reporting and timely delivery of all operational aspects of assigned clinical trials.
- demonstrated understanding of current health service delivery principles, policies and practices relevant to substance abuse or related health care areas (e.g., mental health, neuroscience, clinical medicine)
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on a NSW Health site, it is mandatory to complete the mandatory employment checks before commencing in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit: NSW Health Job Requirements
This position is designated as involving work related to children. To undertake or retain this position, you must apply and obtain a Working with Children Check Permission in accordance with Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people living with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current University employee or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Professor Lintzeris, Nicholas.email@example.com or if you require reasonable accommodation or support to complete this application, please contact Deepna Chand, Recruitment Operations, by email to Deepna.firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the job description for this role.
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 11:59 PM
#Clinical #Trials #Manager #Addiction #Medicine #Job #UNIVERSITY #SYDNEY